CALL FOR TALKS, WORKSHOPS, AND OPPORTUNITIES.
We have planned a small but varied slate of activities to support the launch of Textile Arts | Los Angeles. In order to flourish as a professional network and community resource we need the active engagement of our membership and friends.
- hosting a talk: please submit a brief abstract, intended date, and location
- co-hosting a workshop: please submit an outline, intended date, and location, and whether you are interested in co-promotion and planning
- listing a workshop: your own program, as a member benefit
- submitting "meet-up" member activities to explore new exhibits or attend related events in LA
- resource + equipment opportunities: buy, sell, trade, locate
- brief book reviews or links to articles
- being a member of a small and driven committee to plan an end of year fundraising event: event mgmt or donor acquisition experience preferred but not required!
- being a member of a small and driven committee to plan the annual or bi-annual Textile Summit
- acting as member coordinator
- contributing constructive feedback on the organization, the site, the programming
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A HOME.
Is there interest in creating a shared studio-public space for Textile Arts | Los Angeles?
Ideally, we'd like to create a co-op with 4-6 committed members sharing a working studio, with opportunities for weekend and evening workshops, hourly studio rentals, a gallery space, and pop-up retail/art sales.
- 1500+ sq feet of wet studio space
- industrial sinks, including faucet heads
- track lighting
- printing tables: 4' x 8' - 15'
- industrial shelving and lockers: possibly school discards
- reception counter and stools
- display shelves
- library: books, reference materials