The A.I.R. Fellowship Program
Each year, the A.I.R. Fellowship Program provides six emerging or underrepresented women-identified artists with their first solo exhibition in NYC. During a 12-month period, participants attend monthly professional development workshops, receive studio visits by art professionals, mentoring by an A.I.R. Gallery artist, and curatorial support from A.I.R. Staff. This curated program is designed to encourage new artistic practices and to increase dialogue within A.I.R. Gallery and the greater art community.
Find out more about the Fellowship Program here.
- A self-identified woman artist
- Have not had a solo exhibition at a permanent commercial gallery in NYC in the last 10 years
- Are residents, or within commuting distance of, New York City metropolitan area for the duration of the program
- 18 years or older
- Not a student or enrolled in any degree seeking program at the time of the program
- Not participating in a comparable development program or residency program
- Not currently be a member, employee or board member of A.I.R. Gallery, and never have had a solo show at A.I.R.
- Not a Fellowship alumna